A copy of our School Uniform Policy and Parents' Guide can be downloaded by clicking the link below:
All uniform is available to purchase at JW Sports in Bognor Regis.
A complete list of the items needed for the uniform is as follows:
- Red V neck sweatshirt with Rose Green logo or red cardigan with Rose Green logo.
White collared shirt (plain and buttons to the neck). Long or short-sleeved.
Rose Green red & green striped tie (traditional or clip-on).
- Flat black shoes - lace-up, velcro or buckled shoes. No coloured trainers, no boots, no open-toe sandals.
- Charcoal grey trousers or grey shorts. Grey socks.
- Charcoal grey trousers, grey skirt,* grey shorts or grey pinafore. Grey or white socks or grey tights.
*If girls are performing handstands whilst wearing skirts or dresses, they will need to wear black shorts underneath, which should not be visible below the dress or skirt line.
- Red checked summer dress with white socks.
Compulsory PE Kit
- Red polo shirt with Rose Green logo.
- Black PE shorts.
- White socks.
- Trainers or plimsolls.
Optional PE Kit
- Black tracksuit top with Rose Green logo or black or grey tracksuit top.
- Black or grey tracksuit trousers.
Optional Clothing (Outdoor use only, this is not uniform)
- Red reversible fleece/rain jacket with Rose Green logo.
- Red cap with Rose Green logo.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I purchase the uniform?
All the uniform can be purchased from JW Sports in Bognor Regis and via their website www.jwsports.net.
Some elements of the uniform, which do not have a school logo, can be purchased from supermarkets and other stores thus allowing parents to be able to shop around if they wish.
When is the uniform available to purchase?
All uniform is available to purchase throughout the year.
Why do children wear ties?
When we consulted with children, parents and staff on our new uniform in 2014, they were overwhelmingly in favour of the tie option compared with the non-tie option. Children and parents liked the smartness of the ties. It was also a much cheaper option for parents than a polo shirt with a logo.
Do girls have to wear ties?
Yes, unless they are wearing the red checked summer dress.
My child cannot tie their own tie.
Everyone has to start somewhere and children come to school to learn what they do not already know. We will support children in school and children will support each other. We purposefully offer the option of a clip-on tie which is aimed at children who may struggle before they progress to the traditional tie, just like some children having Velcro shoes before they learn how to tie laces.
Why can't you sell the new uniform from school?
There are many advantages for us not selling the uniform direct from school. Some of the advantages are listed below:
- JW Sports supply uniform for the majority of schools in Bognor Regis and Felpham including the two main secondary schools, therefore they are able to achieve better economies of scale, which enables them to sell it far cheaper to parents than we would be able to.
- The busiest time when parents want to purchase school uniform is during August ready for the new school year and at weekends. We will not be able to sell uniform during these times, whereas JW Sports can thus making it more convenient for parents.
- If we were selling uniform direct from school, we would have to order large amounts and be able to have a range of sizes, which means that a lot of money is tied up in stock. Naturally, with stock there can also be wastage with certain sizes not selling. We feel this money should be spent on improving children’s learning rather than being tied up in stock.
Is there any support for low-income families?
All children in Years 3 – 6 who are registered to receive Pupil Premium funding (this includes children who are registered for Free School Meals, Service Children or Children Adopted from Care) can claim to receive a school jumper and choice of tie, free of charge for each academic year. Please make sure you are registered with the school.