Travelling to and from School
Inevitably, with a school of 400 children, the school entranceways, paths, pavements and roads become very busy at the beginning and end of the school day, as well as during key school events.
It is vital that all children, parents and staff are able to arrive and leave the school premises safely and, in order to achieve this, parents, children, neighbours and the school need to work together, whilst being positive role models for the children.
- In order to reduce the traffic in Raleigh Road and surrounding roads, we encourage children to walk, cycle or scooter to school, where possible.
- For families who live further away, we encourage you to park further away from Raleigh Road and walk or cycle the last part of the route (park and stride). There is a car park at Avisford Park that parents may wish to choose.
- We encourage parents to avoid driving in Raleigh Road where possible, however, if parents have no other option then we do operate a voluntary one-way system at the beginning and end of the school day starting from the junction with Frobisher Road and ending at the junction with Carlton Avenue.
- Please could parents be mindful of our neighbours and show consideration when parking so not to block driveways.
- For your children’s safety, please do not park on the yellow zig zag markings or double yellow lines.
- Parents and children must not cycle or scooter on the school premises but must walk their bike or scooter. Storage is provided, but this is at parents’ risk. We advise all bikes and scooters be clearly named, scooters especially can often get muddled up.
We promote sustainable travel, healthy living and road safety to children as part of the National Curriculum and Year 6 children have the opportunity to carry out cycle training led by West Sussex County Council.