The present school was opened on 14th September 1951 to replace the Pagham C.E. School (locally known as the Sefter School) which was erected in 1825.
From 1825 to 1951 the Pagham School provided education for the children of Pagham, Nyetimber, Rose Green and Lagness.
The present catchment area for the school also includes part of Aldwick.
On 1st January 1974 Rose Green Primary School ceased to be a combined junior and infant school when Rose Green Infant School in Hawkins Close was opened. From this time, only children in KS2 (Years 3-6) attended Rose Green Junior School site in Raleigh Road.
On 1st December 2014, Rose Green Junior School relinquished Local Authority control from West Sussex County Council, when it converted to Academy status and joined Schoolsworks Academy Trust.