Rose Green Junior School is part of the Schoolsworks Academy Trust, a local multi-academy trust based in Bognor Regis and Littlehampton.
The Board of Directors of Schoolsworks Academy Trust are also its trustees and the governors of all our schools, including Rose Green Junior School. Membership of the trust allows us to learn from other well-performing schools by sharing good practice, by achieving economies of scale in purchasing services and by working together at a strategic level to ensure the future success of all the schools.
The trust has overall responsibility for the school, but is aided in its work by the work of the local School Community Council (SCC). This group is an advisory body, made up of staff, parents and community members. The SCC works under the direction of the academy trust to support the strategic management of the school. The Schoolsworks' organisational chart can be found here.
Rose Green School Community Council
TERM OF OFFICE EXPIRES
Mrs Diane Willson
Chair of SCC
31st August 2019
Mrs Terri Good
Clerk of SCC
Mr Philip Craig
Mr Ken Pritchard
30th November 2020
Mrs Gill Hance
17th November 2021
Ms Lindsey Parslow
8th May 2021
Mrs Sylvia Gent
4th July 2020
Mrs Kelly Townsend
Mr Mark Stratton
Mr David Jones
SCC members are all assigned a portfolio to monitor across the school.
The School Community Council is responsible for:
- ensuring the school is working towards and in-line with its vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- overseeing the budget and making sure its money is well spent.
- The SCC meet regularly as a group, as well as meeting members of staff, children and parents during the school day.
Our core tasks are to:
- monitor standards of learning and teaching;
- monitor children’s progress;
- look at the school’s attainment data and how it compares with national data;
- agree targets of attainment for the academic year;
- monitor attendance and lateness;
- monitor the well-being of staff and pupils;
- monitor the current budget situation;
- keep abreast of any premises issues;
- agree school policies.
The SCC is made up of parents, community volunteers and staff members.
Membership for the academic year 2019/20 are as follows:
The portfolios are as follows:
- Teaching and Learning
- Senior Leadership Support
- Community Liaison
We regularly come into school and spend the time looking at a particular aspect of the school development plan, visiting all the classes and talking to children about their work.
The ‘icing on the cake’ is of course, attending school events.