We have reviewed and introduced a new curriculum for our children, which is based upon the key elements that we feel this generation of children need to learn about in order to survive and be successful in the future.
So that our children are suitably equipped to be successful in the future, we ensure that we are teaching our children the knowledge and skills they need:
- for learning;
- for living;
- for work;
- for life.
Two key challenges we feel this generation of children have to face in the future and need to be prepared for are:
1. Ensuring the wellbeing of individuals
This is due to the increase in the following issues on a local, national and global scale:
- Health issues;
- Mental Health issues;
- Social issues;
- Lack of tolerance for others, including respect, understanding and empathy for different beliefs, cultures and opinions.
2. Ensuring we live in a sustainable environment
This is to understand the following issues on a local, national and global scale:
- Waste & recycling;
- Energy use;
- Changes in our climate;
- Protection of endangered habitats & species.
Our Curriculum rationale is based around three key elements:
Looking after ourselves Looking after each other
Looking after our planet
Therefore, our rationale is for this generation of children is to:
- Know the importance of looking after themselves and others;
- Know the importance of looking after the environment and the planet;
- Know their place in the World and to explore learning at a local & global level, and understand the links between these;
- Know their place in history and how historical events have influenced how we live today and how we can learn for the future.
In addition, we believe that children from our school catchment in particular, require the following personal skills:
- High Expectations;
Curriculum Subject Overviews
Click on the documents below to view each subject's progression of knowledge and skills across our school.